In India, the cost of medical care is skyrocketing. This is a serious concern for many families especially those from the middle-income groups. Any illness requiring hospitalization can lead to huge amount expenses, ranging in lakhs. Buying a health insurance policy has, thus, become a necessity.
About Religare Health Insurance
Healthcare needs may vary from individual to individual. This is why many insurers are offering various customized health insurance cover. Religare Health Insurance is a leading health insurer in India that caters to individual customers and corporate employees. The company has a strong association with over 7,000 hospitals. These network hospitals offer the best cashless treatment to the policyholders in a hassle-free manner. The company also provides an array of health plans to meet the requirements of individuals and groups.
Benefits of Religare Health Insurance Plans
Religare Health Insurance enables people to buy the best mediclaim policy online and choose the best health cover to safeguard their family in times of medical emergencies. Unexpected medical expenses can knock on one’s doors without prior warning, irrespective of age and gender. Hence, opting for health insurance is highly recommended.
- Cover for maximum family members: The group health plans by Religare offer coverage for a maximum of six family members, including four adults and two children. So, buying separate health policies for every member is not required as the entire family can be covered under a single policy.
- Cashless Treatment: In case of hospitalization, policyholders need not worry about medical bills as they can avail cashless medical treatment at any of the network hospitals of the insurer. The expenses are directly settled by the company. With a health card, paying for medical bills is made easy.
- Hassle-Free Claim Settlement: Getting a claim is no longer a cumbersome task as the company ensures the quick and hassle-free settlement of claims made by the policyholders. The company had a claim settlement ratio of 92.58 percent for FY 2019.
- Customized health plans: From comprehensive family floater plans to customized health cover for specific medical conditions, Religare offers a wide range of health insurance cover. For instance, ‘Care’ is a family health plan that is available with a different sum insured and benefits. Moreover, there are plans like ‘Care Heart’ and ‘Care Freedom’ which are designed to provide coverage for people with heart ailments and diabetes, respectively.
Features of Religare Health Insurance Plans
Some of the major features of Religare Health Insurance Plans include:
- Cover for In-Patient care up to the sum insured
- Pre Hospitalisation for a period of 30 days
- Post Hospitalisation for a period of 60 days
- Cover for Ambulance and ICU Charges
- Day Care Treatment in specific plans
- Domiciliary Hospitalization up to 10% of sum insured
- Free Annual Health Check-up
- Maternity cover including cover for newborn baby
- Cover for Alternative Treatment
- Organ Donor Cover
- Lifetime Renewability Option
- No Claim Bonus – increased sum insured by 10% for a claim-free year
Furthermore, the insurer provides the following add on covers:
- No Claim Bonus Super: Increase of sum insured by 50% for each claim-free year up to a maximum of 100%.
- Everyday Care: The policyholder receives 1% of the sum insured for doctor consultation and diagnostic tests.
- Unlimited Automatic Recharge: Every time the sum insured is exhausted, the amount is re-instated for an unlimited number of times.
- Air Ambulance Cover: A feature that is beneficial when the person is recommended a treatment away from his/her city.
- Personal Accident Cover: Cover for accidental death and permanent total disability up to 10 times the sum insured amount.
- International Second Opinion: A feature that gives an option to the policyholder to consult doctors before going ahead with a treatment.
- Global Coverage: Cover for availing treatment in an overseas facility.